Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Our Secret Garden...

                For a little while, I am all Yours, and You are mine...
My body still partly sleeps, but my mind is awake while my heart lays close to the keyboard of my inner being...and I talk to You, my Father. 
     You are the only one I CAN talk to who understands me.

    Once again I find my sanctuary by withdrawing to the one place that is Yours and mine alone. That place where no one sees or hears but You. I can no longer find peace in the company of others. Not even those closest to me. 

     And Although I would never want to be totally alone in this world, I still find my peace and contentment is where I'm safely tucked away, alone, in Your comforting and consoling Presence. 

You tell me that this is where You want me to be...often. And as I seem now to have constant need to run to You because of anxious moments, I actually find myself desiring to be alone with You more and more.  
     I fear being horribly misunderstood.  This isn't a normal or natural state of mind. Most crave the company of others. While I, more and more, crave only Yours.

I find peace and acceptance with You, where I feel vulnerable and insecure anywhere else. 
Am I losing my wits? Or, am I finally finding the peace and security of Your presence? 
     The kind of refuge you've promised I could find if I seek You with all of my heart? 

I do have one person in my life who seems to understand these kinds of feelings. The only one with whom I've ever dared share my innermost thoughts. How very blessed I am, and thankful to have that one human being who understands how I feel about many things...but especially how I feel about my relationship with You, Father...
    ...it's such a comfort to know I have at least that one.

"I come to Our Garden alone...You walk with me, and talk with me, and You tell me I am Your
own...what joy we share as we tarry there..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home