Friday, February 13, 2015

A Bruised Reed...A Wounded Heart

What I thought my life was all about, built on, and meant to be...suddenly became a painful disillusionment.

 


I've lost all sense of direction. Not really caring much about life anymore, I wander aimlessly from one day to the next, trying to find something to fill this horrible void, with no real purpose to live--when just a short time ago my life was full, and had tremendous meaning and purpose. 
Life now seems an endless, aimless, emptiness...filled with no goals, no plans, no resources...
NO PURPOSE!

Eating, sleeping, breathing, pointless tasks, endless mindless activity, no direction, no real reason to get up in the morning...
NO PURPOSE!  
Like dragging a dead mindless body from one point to another.

If life is a precious gift, why do I find myself so weary in it?! 
I just...exist!

And the devil is relentless! He never gives up. He never stops. He uses whatever he can to work on my mind--to defeat me and depress me and to get me back down into the darkness where he lives.
My mind is the deadliest of battlegrounds.

                                                                                    

Dear Father,
All I have to offer You is a broken down body, a broken and fractured spirit, a wounded and disillusioned heart, a weary mind, and a tormented soul that needs to be restored. 

Such as it is, I give it all to You. Bind up, heal, strengthen, restore, renew and refresh as only You can. Lift me out of myself, and give me new purpose for living.

WITHOUT YOU, FATHER, THERE IS NO PURPOSE IN LIFE!

What heavy burden or lashing wind bruised and bent your head? 
I see you looking at the depths just waiting for the moment when you will snap and be no more.
I feel the breeze. Ripples of love spread forth the promise of dawn's gentle touch.
Fiery heat will once again light the smoldering wick.
The King of dawn is coming; a bruised reed He will never break.
If you could but see with His eyes the beauty of the wounded heart that simply waits. 
~Selected~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home