Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Divine Humanness...

 Dear Father,

You tell me that You are in me...with me always...even in my most desperate and despicable times.

You know, while here in this life, I have no choice but to deal with this body of death and sin. I often wonder...what do You think when you see me struggle so...how does that make You feel? 
Do You have any idea how much I hate disappointing You? 
I wonder...

Then, I realize...of course You know! You purposely, miraculously put Yourself into human flesh so that You COULD experience every thought, every feeling, every emotion, every temptation, every heartache, every pain, every sorrow, every doubt, every fear--every thing that a human being can or will experience from the time of conception. 

You...Eternal, all powerful, Almighty God, who created and formed everything, placed Yourself in the weakest, most vulnerable condition that Deity could ever be found. 

     And again...I wonder...

How did You feel to be, by Your own choice, locked in the prison of humanity for over 33 years? The thought of that is so absolutely unimaginable. 

And to think You did that for me? Yes, You did it for all of humanity, past, present and future...but...it was also for each of us individually...so...You did it for me!

I can know for certain that You, my gracious, loving, Holy Father-God, know and care about every single, insignificant to anyone else, detail of ME...what I experience each and every moment of my life. There's no way I'll ever be able to understand the depth of Your love.


Oh, how I want to know You, and love You more and more...know You as You want to be known...love You as You want and deserve to be loved. 

Please, keep drawing me closer and closer to You, my Father. Give me a foretaste of what I'll know in full when I finally see You face to face. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home