Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Elusive Faith...

 Oh, why?!...the harder that I try to find sweet peace in You,
Does this elude my grasp, and seem impossible to do?

I pray and pray for faith and trust...Oh, why can't I be strong?!
For all the while I fail and fail...what am I doing wrong?!

You give so many promises to fit my ev'ry need,
But when I try to make them mine, my anxious heart won't heed.

What is the problem with me, Lord? I have this fretful blot.
It robs me of the lasting peace You've vowed can be my lot.

So many times You've proven that You're right here by my side.
Why is it, then, more oft than not, my doubts still override?

I tell my anxious, fretful heart Your love can never fail.
But ev'ry time I face a trial my doubts and fears prevail!

It frustrates me, my Father-God, when my faith fails Your test.
I certainly should know by now that You know what is best.

I want to trust You more and more. I know that pleases You.
I hate my human weaknesses! Please tell me what to do!

I long to find real peace in You! Please end this deadly fight!
I want...I NEED!...to trust Your words..."We walk by faith, not sight!"

Written 2015

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home